400g can of black beans
400g can of cannellini beans
400g can of kidney beans
435g can of refried beans
300g jar of salsa
150ml of filtered water
1 teaspoon of Pantry to Plate Mexican Seasoning
2 large truss tomatoes
¼ red onion
2 cloves of garlic
200ml of sour cream
300g of corn chips
100g of cheddar cheese
100g of mozzarella
- Rinse the black beans, cannellini beans and kidney beans.
- Add the beans, salsa, and Pantry to Plate Mexican Seasoning to a pressure cooker
- Add the filtered water and salt and pepper to taste.
- Set the pressure cooker to medium for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa by dicing the tomatoes, red onion and mincing the garlic (reserving one clove for the guacamole).
- Place in a bowl and coat with a little drizzle of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash avocados with the juice of half a lemon. Add the remaining minced garlic clove and mix in. Season with salt and pepper. (If you can’t find any ripe avocados, substitute with a guacamole dip).
- Now, grate the cheddar cheese and mozzarella for topping the nachos.
- At this stage, pre-heat oven to 200°C in preparation for grilling the cheese and nachos.
- Next, heat the refried beans on the stove top.
- When the all the beans are ready (pressure cooker and stove-top), in a large roasting ceramic dish or deep oven tray, layer the corn chips, cheddar cheese & mozzarella mix and the cooked beans, until the baking tray or dish is filled.
- Place in the oven and bake for ten minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with sour cream, guacamole and salsa to serve!